- An eye and orbit ultrasound is a test to look at the eye area, and to measure the size and structures of the eye.
- It is usually required when there is loss of clarity in the media of the eye precluding the view of structures behind.
- B-scan can help accurately view eye structures like the lens, choroid, sclera, vitreous and retina.
Indications for B-Scan
- Bleeding in vitreous
- Inflammatory cells in vitreous
- Damaged tissues or injuries
- Foreign body
- Pulling away of the retina from its natural attachment at the back of the eye(retinal detachment-RD)
- Swelling (inflammation) of structures at back of the eye e.g retina, choroid or sclera