- This involves taking the picture of the retina, paying attention to the part of the retina suspected to be diseased or abnormal.
- The optic disc- glaucoma , atrophy
The macular – hole, degeneration, swelling
- Other part- detachment, pigments, bleeding, blockage of blood vessels
Fundus Fluorescein Angiography (FFA)
- FFA is an investigative procedure done to examine the blood circulation in the retina and choroid.
- It uses a special dye and specialized camera.
Diseases where FFA is indicated are:
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Occlusion of vessels e.g vein and artery
- Swellings of retina e.g optic disc